Thursday, July 03, 2008

A New Project

I sent my editor an idea for a new book now that I've put the royalty one on the backburner. I'm still waiting to hear back from her, but as I mentioned in a post in May, this is who will provide the physical inspiration for my new hero:



I have no idea what the words say since I don't speak French, but the pictures speak for themselves. I just need a way to justify the facial hair without it being a yuck factor for readers like me who normally hate it! Maybe he starts with it, then shaves? All these little details I get fixated on! It probably just means I need to head back to YouTube and watch some more Lancelot videos as my new hero comes alive in my mind! A rough job, I know, but what's a writer to do?

Speaking of YouTube, I finally signed up for an account a couple of months ago mainly so I could save videos I liked and those I might want to put on here someday. Tonight, I noticed a new feature (new to me at least) where they recommend videos to you based on what you've watched in the past. A couple had funny cats, but a few others were down right bizarre choices including one about the most ridiculous death scenes in movies! I have no idea how they thought I'd want to see that one.

Has that ever happened to you? Either on Amazon or YouTube or iTunes (or another site), where they recommend something "you'll like" but it's totally off-the-wall and so-not-you?