Monday, July 28, 2008

Gilroy Garlic Festival

We drove south to Gilroy yesterday and attended the Garlic Festival. It's an event I've always wanted to go to, but in all my years of living in the Bay Area just never managed it.

The Garlic festival reminded me a lot of a county fair except with garlic. Garlic head hats, Mr. Garlic walking around, garlic food, even garlic ice cream! They had three stages with non-stop entertainment and a children's area with rides and games. That was a huge hit with the kidlets!

I have so many pictures to download so will add those and write more later. I've got to take the kids to the Tech Museum in a few minutes.

This morning I had breakfast with my good friend, Kent, who I went to Stanford with. We went to Hobee's which is my absolutely favorite breakfast place in the world. They have this delicious orange-herb blend tea and blueberry coffee cake. I'd been craving that coffee cake for weeks! So yummy. I also ordered my usual, a florentine scramble - eggs, cheese, spinach and mushrooms. I think I may have to go back there tomorrow before I head to San Francisco!

What's your fave breakfast food?