Wednesday, July 30, 2008

RWA Conference - Tuesday

I'm at the Marriott in San Francisco for the Romance Writers of America's national conference. It was so strange to make the drive into the city. I used to do that drive every single day when I worked at SFO for United Airlines. Somethings have changed since then. A lot of things hadn't. It felt very strange to head downtown instead of to the Marina District, too!

The sun was shining and it was warm. Not usual summer weather here in the City, but since I was wearing shorts and Tevas I was happy!

I checked into the hotel a little after three o'clock and bumped into people I knew immediately. Love Inspired author Terri Reed, Medicals and Desire author Olivia Gates, Linda Hill, from my old critique group in San Jose, and Berkeley author and fellow Rotrosen Agency client, Christie Ridgeway. I also bumped into HMB author Trish Wylie who traveled from Ireland and writes for HR, Modern Extra and Presents. I met Trish for the first time last year in Dallas and she's so much fun.

I didn't do much else but chat with people. I also unpacked and caught up with my roomie, Avalon author Shirley Marks, who I hadn't seen since we roomed together in Dallas. After exploring the hotel, we went out to dinner. Yummy Thai food - chicken pad thai and chicken pumpkin curry.

The night was spent working on revisions! Aren't I a good girl?

Today will be spent with one of my closest friend's Jennifer. She's meeting me at the hotel and we're going to spend the day together. This will be our first time to hang out sans kids in over ten years! Of course, my family will be staying at her house for the next four nights so it's probably good she gets time away from her family before mine invades, I mean, arrives.

The Literacy Autographing runs from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Be sure to stop by and say hi if you're attending! I plan on having chocolate there, too!