Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthday, contest and a new prize!

Today is my son Finn's 8th birthday! He's got a Little League game tonight so we're bringing cupcakes and goodie bags for his teammates and will go out to dinner afterwards. His grandparents and cousins are coming, too!

Luckily he agreed with his upcoming First Communion on Saturday that two parties so close together might be too much so in June we'll be taking him here for a belated celebration. I realized yesterday I had no presents for him so ran out after church yesterday (while waiting for my critique partner to send back my chapter and synopsis) to do a little shopping.

Talk about a hectic day!

But I got it all done, including the proposal. I emailed it to HMB a little after eleven o'clock last night. Now to continue writing the book while waiting to hear what my editor has to say. Fingers crossed there aren't huge revisions!

On to this week's contest winner... In honor of my son's birthday, I let him pick the winner. He chose number 37.

This week's free book winner is Virginia. She won with a comment on the post, Kitties on Patrol. Virginia, please pick a book from the list here and email me your selection with your snail address. You can find my email via the contact link on my website. And even if you've won a book or coupons in the past, please include your mailing address. Thanks!

Last week's winner windycindy chose a book from my backlist, Santa Brought a Son. I love Christmas books and that was my first time writing my own. As to what I posted to Limecello about wishing I could go back and rewrite the book she choose, I just meant in the ten plus years since I wrote that first book I've learned so much about the craft of writing there are a couple of things I would have done a little differently now.

For the month of May, the prize for my weekly blog contest will be a $5 amazon.com gift certificate. With a book due in and being so far behind in mailings right now (sorry still haven't managed it yet!), this will make my life much easier.

I spent most of my weekend writing. What did you do?