Friday, April 11, 2008

Blogs

I read an article on Death by Blogging at Sarita's blog yesterday. I knew blogs were popular, but I had no idea people were making a living, well, blogging. That just boggles my mind. Anyway, it got me thinking about blogs and how people find them.

I use google a lot. I've found some great sites that I wouldn't have normally discovered if I hadn't followed links. I decided to see check how people ended up here. I went to my sitemeter account and checked the search terms used by the last 100 visitors to my blog. (That's all I can track.) Here they are:

Melissa McClone (2)
Ben Barnes smoking
Annelise Robey Jane Rotrosen Agency
Mothers Addicted to Irish Dance
Filthy Fifty Workouts (2)
Melissa 7
Clubsport Flashpass
Harlequin Special Treat
Crossfit Michael
Crossfit Good for Climbers?
Disney Princess rain gear
"broken arms" blogspot family

Interesting. Only two people were looking for me. One was looking for my agent. The others, especially the Crossfiters were probably surprised when they ended up on a romance writers blog!

How did you find the blogs you read? Do you google and follow links?

And has everyone discovered Google Reader? As usual with anything technology related, I was late to the party, but Marianne and Dru explained how it worked and I love it! So much so I want to add more blogs to it. Any suggestions?