Thursday, May 24, 2007

Summit!

We're back home after a nice lunch at Timberline. Now I need to get back to work on the book. But first I wanted to share a couple of pictures.

This is hubby at 1:30 am. I was half-asleep when I took the picture. From Timberline Lodge, he took a sno-cat up the mountain. It was an old sno-cat that someone joked had been used during the filming of The Shining! Hubby said getting out on the mountain and putting on his gear at 2:30 am was really something.

Hubby made it to the top of Mount Hood with three other climbers, one of which was his guide, Phil! They went up the left chute to make it to the top. He summited around 7 am. The mountain was covered in clouds though so he didn't get any of the views. By the time he was almost down, all the clouds cleared.

This was my view as I worked this morning on a couch in the Rams Head Bar. I had a perfect seat with great views of the hill as well as a view of climbers on their way down. The bar wasn't open, but the guy brought me a glass of water without me even asking. It was really nice just to hang out and write. Plus there was wi-fi. Of course, I was good and didn't play too much!

If you click on this picture, you can see climbers coming off the mountain. I think this foursome in front was the other group that went up with him. There were two groups that trained together yesterday and rode up in the sno-cat this morning. Tom was behind them, and his foursome was broken up a bit.

So I've definitely earned mucho brownie points for this anniversary present. He even told me I could go climb tonight. I met a climber on Saturday who is going to show me a place to practice outside. But I'm going to stay home because hubby's had a long day and will have to be in charge of the kidlets this weekend. The climber guy told me to let him know when I was free so I'll just do that!

What is everyone else up to? No time to blog hop this morning or even scan the news. What have I missed?