Monday, May 14, 2007

Return of the Tally

New pages written: 12 (this should have been closer to 40 and I'm so bummed about that)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Old pages revised on screen: Chapter 4, 5, 6 again, but they're finally right.
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: didn't keep track
Total page count to date: 145 (goal: 200)
Days remaining until D-day: 18
Emails from editor in UK: 1
Emails from agent in NY: 0
Emails from continuity loop: a few

Chocolate consumed: No more chocolate allowed due to diet, but I'll keep this here in case I cheat.
Junk food consumed: See chocolate.
Diet: Been doing well except for icing slip and a few things at our Mother's day buffet.
Weekly weigh in: 136 (down 2 pounds)
Exercise: Hike
Television watched: none
Tears: no
Link for the day: Laura Vivanco at Teach Me Tonight wrote a fantastic and insightful analysis based on the theme home is where the heart is using my book Blueprint for a Wedding. Check it out!

Had a great Mother's Day except for the 2+ hours spent in urgent care. Reminded me of the Father's Day when the oldest fell at my parents' house and we spent hours in the ER getting stitches. I shouldn't be surprised. It's as if everything is conspiring against me so I can't write. That just means I must work harder. And I shall.

Other than the five of us at Urgent Care, we enjoyed the day. The brunch was yummy. I went for a hike by myself and got a little writing in. The kidlets made me great cards. I also got a hand-painted wind chime and chore coupons from my son, a picture frame magnet from my oldest and a hand painted flower pot, and a small hand painted flower pot from my daughter. My "gift" was two plants for the front yard.

How was your day?