Friday, May 11, 2007

Almost ready!

I mentioned yesterday about the American Girl Spa Party that I donated to the kidlets' school auction. As of 6:00 pm, I had done nothing to get ready for it except have a house cleaner over. By 8:00 pm, I had all the shopping done except for grapes, sparkling cider and flavored water. By 11:30 pm, I had everything except the food ready. That includes 10 favor bags, the table settings for both girls and their dolls, the Manicure Bar, the Pedicure Corner, the Dolls 'Do, the Facial Station and the Craft Counter. Not bad for one evening. Want to see what I did?

Welcome to the Doll 'Do station. I got two salon chairs, a bunch of hair accessories including capes and brushes from American Girl. My daughter already has the hairstyle DVD so I'll keep that playing.



Pay a visit to the Pedicure Corner. I have tubs with scented salts for them to soak their feet in. And all kinds of goodies to play with afterwards, including colorful nail polish.




Stop by the manicure bar. There are also two more stations. The facial station where the girls will put on an oatmeal/yogurt mask and place cucumbers on their eyes. And the craft corner where the girls can make their own lipgloss, a bookmark and a jewelry holder.

This is the table for the girls. I'm using my dining room table for the spa dinner and my kitchen table for the spa snack. The centerpiece is something I found on sale at AmericanGirl.com. The place settings came with the party set I purchased from the same place.




Hubby made this doll-sized table around 10 o'clock after I asked where the table he'd said he'd make two months ago was. The place settings are doll-sized and so cute. I'm still missing a centerpiece, but I'll come up with something. Anyone have any ideas?



Today wasn't a total loss writing wise, either. I managed to write 6 pages this morning while Rose was at a play date. Huge thanks to Sue and her daughter, Alexa, for giving me much needed time to get some work done. I owe you big time!!!

Day four of my diet and I've stuck to it, even though I've got serious chocolate lust going on right now. Hubby baked brownies tonight and the entire house smells sooooo yummy.

Please wish me luck with the ten girls and their dolls! I'm going to need it! Hope you have a great Friday!