Wednesday, May 23, 2007

To the hill

Tuesday Tally

New pages written: 2
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Old pages revised on screen: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 200 (goal: 200)
Days remaining until D-day: 9
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0
Emails from continuity loop: 0

Chocolate consumed: None
Junk food consumed: None
Diet: hanging in there with the rabbit food and beans
Weekly weigh in: 133 (down 5 pounds total)
Exercise: none
Television watched: none
Tears: no
Link for the day: Hubby is using this guide service today and tomorrow on Mount Hood.

I hit my page goal, but the book's not finished. I should start making my goal 210. That's more realistic. I didn't write as many new pages, because I wanted to get Chapter 8 to my critique partner (I did!) And I also wanted to whip Chapter 9 into shape. Not quite there though. Today I want to finish up 9 and get a rough draft of 10.

The one thing I haven't done with this book that I usually do is revise as I go. I have not gone back to those chapters at the beginning, not even with my editor's revision letter. That means there is a lot of work still ahead of me. So I'm a bit panicky at the moment.

As for what I'm doing tonight: I'm heading to Mount Hood. Hubby thought it was silly to pay for two hotel rooms when he wasn't really even using his. Good point even though it means 3 hours of driving to get there and back for me. But the mountains do inspire me so I'm sure I'll be very productive. Fingers crossed.

Hubby left this morning for day one of his two day Mount Hood Summit Program. He was like a little boy packing all his gear last night. I'll be up there around 5 pm after I get through another busy Wednesday. I have my last class to teach until next October. I also have to pack! The main thing I can't forget is my iBook. I don't need much jammies, toothbrush, something to wear tomorrow.

Are you a seat-of-the-pants packer or a planner packer? As for me, it just depends where we're going.