Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Panicked

Monday Tally

New pages written: 0
Old pages revised on paper: Chapter 3, 7, 8, 9
Old pages revised on screen: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: Chapter 3, 7, 8
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: +3
Total page count to date: 222
Days remaining until D-day: 3
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0
Emails from continuity loop: 1

Chocolate consumed: another Godiva truffle
Junk food consumed: none
Diet: doing pretty good
Weekly weigh in: 130 (down 8 pounds total)
Exercise: none (no pilates due to holiday)
Television watched: none
Tears: yes (told you they'd be daily)
Link for the day: maybe later

I'm really starting to freak out. Not only do I need to go through the entire manuscript again on paper, Chapter 10 and Chapter 11 suck. I got both critiques back and they are not good. Pretty much need to rethink and rewrite both, but I can't do that until I type in Chapter 9's revisions.

Yesterday was all writing. No hike or climbing. I was focused on the book. I did a lot of rewriting in Chapter 7 that took hours, but I think it's a lot better. Chapter 8 wasn't so bad, but still took a while. Oh, and if you notice my page count, I'm now long which means I'll have to cut. As usual. But not until I get through the entire thing.

Today I have some kidlet stuff to do and one of their violin recitals to attend, but other than that I'll be trying to figure out how to fix the last two chapters. I really need to do something physical, too. A hike this morning would be perfect. Plus my Everest video is due back today so I need to take time out to watch that.

Are you getting back into your normal routine today or extending your holiday weekend another day or two?