Saturday, January 05, 2008

Kidless and Carefree

Yesterday I had a bunch of appointments and things to do so I only opened my iBook long enough to get directions for where I needed to be at 9 am. No blogging, writing, blog hopping, anything. It was an unexpected, but not unwelcome break!

Last night was the Epiphany pageant and my class of 4-5 year olds did awesome singing Silent Night in front of everyone. We all met for a slice of King's Cake afterwards. My mom drove up to attend and took the kids back with her so hubby and I have the house to ourselves until Sunday. Well, the three cats are still here, and one woke me up this morning pretty early. Both are staring at the bedroom door right now waiting for hubby to feed them breakfast. That's normally the kids' job.

Continuing on our nightly DVD viewing, we watched Blades of Glory last night. Absolutely hilarious, especially if you've ever followed figure skating. Even if you hadn't, it would be hard to watch that movie and not laugh. It's totally inappropriate for children though.

My book order from Amazon arrived. I'd ordered a writing craft book by John Truby, a birthday present for my oldest who'll turn nine in March and one of my own books. I wanted to see how the ranking would jump for Win, Lose or...Wed with one sale. About 300,000 spots.

We dropped my daughter's Irish dance solo dress off to be altered. Good thing we waited until now. She's grown a lot since October! A dress designer, Alison Thrasher, creates some of the most gorgeous solo irish dance dresses around and we feel lucky she could altar Mackenna's dress that was made by a UK designer. The crown is too big and the headband a little tight so I'm going to attempt to make a new headpiece for the dress myself. Fingers crossed I can do it!

I have no idea what we are going to do today. It's nice not to have plans for once. What do you have going on?