Monday, January 21, 2008

Fun times and hot princes

We ended up seeing the Electrical Parade again. We were fortunate to get reserved seating from the hotel! Once again Rose was enthralled. The best part, Sneezy came up to her during the parade. He touched her head and made her feel like the most important little girl there. She just beamed.

Seriously the best birthday ever.

At the Happiest Birthday Party on Earth earlier in the afternoon, Pat E. Cake led cake decorating and a conga line around the Plaza Inn. Even Mickey and Minnie showed up!

After our break in the room, we ate dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe. We rode Soarin' California before watching the parade. Once again, Rose thought it was all real. She kept lifting her feet to keep them from hitting something. Seeing what Disneyland has to offer through the eyes of a child really is something special. I guess I'd forgotten what it was like the first couple of times we went with the kidlets. Not surprising since for Mackenna's birthday trip, I had a couple month old baby. For Finn's birthday trip, she was two. I'm sure both times, I was exhausted!

But this time, I'm not so tired. No deadline looming. Nothing to keep from enjoying each and every minute. And it truly has been magical.

I can't help but remember when I was a kid, living in Cypress not too far away from Anaheim, and being dropped at the gate when I was in third and fourth grade. (Not that I could ever imagine doing that with my own kids who are that age, but it was a different time back in the seventies.) I remember wanting to live at Disneyland back then. It's fun to hear my kids say some of the same things I did.

After the Electrical Parade, we headed back to Disneyland. Space Mountain was down so we rode Buzz Lightyear instead. We then headed to It's a Small World since it's closing tomorrow for refurbishment. As we were getting off the ride, the lights went out and the fireworks started going off. Seeing them from the other side of the castle was neat. We took advantage of the show to hop on the Matterhorn. As we were riding the bobsleds, fireworks were going off. Very cool to experience it that way.

As the show ended, we made our way to Space Mountain. The last two visits in 2003 and 2005, the ride had been closed. The only time hubby had ever been to Disneyland before that, the ride was just being built so he'd never been on it. Four of us loved the ride. It was a little much for Rose. But the refurb they did is very cool and I loved the ride. Not that I didn't love it before, but I'm sure it was showing it's age which is why they made all the changes. The kids especially liked the music being played. Rose didn't say much, but wanted to be carried out. I did, even though it meant a flight of stairs. Quite the workout.

Speaking of workouts, I actually did a Crossfit workout this morning. One of the traveling one's from the blog I mentioned. I did 5 rounds of 25 squats. It took me 5 minutes. Not much but something! Wish I could say the same about my writing.

But I did find new muse for my prince book. And I must say, he's perfect! He was on the cover of the USA Today that was delivered to my room this morning. I had no who idea, but I just stared at his picture and felt my heart melt. Yep. Definitely hero worthy.

His name is Ben Barnes. He's 26 and as they said in the paper...wow. You must google him. He's just my type. Long dark hair, gorgeous. He is even going to play Prince Caspian in the next installment of Narnia. Yep, the perfect Prince Hottie. What more could you ask for a hero?

You know what I've been up to these past few days. What about you?