Friday, February 08, 2008

Four hours

Tonight I spent four hours on something so I could check it off my To Do list. It wasn't reading or writing. It wasn't woodburning or embroidery either. Instead of doing any of those things which also need to be done, I made my oldest a new headband to go with her Irish dance solo dress. Four hours turning a 97 cent headband from Walmart (which our school dressmaker, Alison Thrasher, graciously gave me for free to save me a trip to the store) into something to go with a $750 dress! This proves, once again, that I am truly insane. And totally addicted to crafting.

Want to know how many times I undid what I'd done? Three

How many times I could have been done, but decided to do a little more? Two

How many times did I wonder how much Alison would have charged to make one for me? Four

How many hot pink rhinestones I decided to add once I was "finished?" Twenty-seven

Okay, 27 may have been overkill, but she's nine and likes pink. Many girls wear tiaras so I figure her headband needs to sparkle. The real reason I glued all of those on is I bought the wrong color Swavorski crystal beads so only could use six orange ones. She wanted orange and pink ones. It's hard to tell the difference between the various pinks!

I'd post a picture of it, but I'm too tired. (I took this picture and added it this morning. Blogger won't let me upload the others.) Right now, all I can think about is her liking it. I really want her to love it, but I'll settle for like. Who am I kidding? Even indifference will be acceptable. (She loves it!)

I also hope it looks good on her. I tried the headband on, but it's not really my thing or colors. I wasn't quite sure what I was doing though as I made it so I'm a little worried. I've never made one of these before and I was making it up as I went along. If it doesn't look good, I'm in trouble. I really don't have another four hours to spend making a second one. I really didn't have the four hours to use on the first one. Let's face it, there's so much else I could get done in that amount of time.

If someone gave you four extra hours, how would you spend them?

Have a fantastic Friday!