Saturday, February 02, 2008

Burn baby burn

Progress. I checked off more items from my mental To Do list. Still no time to write one! Which means I'll forget something so here's a quick version (without all the little steps to accomplish an item) since this blog seems to be the only writing I'm doing right now!

1.  4th Grade Art Project (due early March)
2.  Finish AAs  (due a week from Tuesday)
3.  Embroider two panels for 2nd Grade Art Project  (due a week from Monday)
4.  Read 8 Rita books (scores due end of month)
5.  Write Princess Nobody proposal (no deadline, but should have been sent in January)
6.  Download pictures
7.  Finish Disneyland Trip Report (for here and Disney forum)
8.  Mail free book winner (Nathalie) her book
9.  Make a new headpiece for Mackenna's solo dress

Last night, I finished the tracing on three sides of the frame. This includes one inch rectangles along the inside that will alternate black and white. I'd forgotten about those so had to reposition five of the pictures after I'd spent an hour aligning them.  That hurt.  But not as much as my back. When I was done, I could barely stand up straight. That's what I get for hunching over so long. A rounded back is not a good idea!

I'm climbing this morning, then after that I will concentrate on wood burning. I still don't fee confident enough to start on the frame so I'll be working on my practice pieces again. I need to put in some serious time today and up my skill level significantly. I also need to try a couple different primers (a friend from my old school suggested using black or white) to see which will work best with the acrylic paint and fourth grade kids!

Once I feel better with the wood burning, I'll dive into Rescued by the Magic of Christmas. Reading the first four chapters has been kinda of magical for me. I've found a couple of things I want changed, but I'm so happy with the book. Huge sigh of relief on my part.

It's always hard when you finish a manuscript. At least it is for me because I'm usually banging my head against the deadline. That means I've been living and breathing the book and by that point I can't even see the words any more. I'll get an "okay, this is good" feeling before I send it off and hope I'm not being delusional, but it's not until the AAs arrive that I know for sure. Of course, if I'm still being delusional, all bets are off.

Anyone care to share their To Do list?