Thursday, February 07, 2008

Cover Stuff

I received a preliminary cover from my June 09 release. It's a .pdf, not a .jpg, so I don't think I can post it on blogger. Anyway, it's a lovely cover and I'm thrilled with it. The hero and heroine are in front of a lodge style fireplace. He's down on his knee. She's standing there looking at him. Very pretty and romantic scene. There's only one problem...

It's not my book.

Okay, the cover says SOS Marry Me! and my name is there, too, but the characters are not Kane and Serena. Characters often don't look like who I imagined, I'm used to that, but these two are so far off it's hard to believe. They don't match the descriptions at all.

The guy on the cover does not look like a bad boy at all (thank goodness they changed the title from Stranded with the Bad Boy.) He looks more like someone's perfect boyfriend. He's got a neatly trimmed, corporate haircut and it's a really dark, too. In case you forgot or are new here, this picture is who inspired Kane.

The woman is very pretty. She's even wearing a pink dress that's eerily similar to the one I wore to the Harlequin party in Dallas in July. But she has thick, curly hair that falls down her back, not some hip Sienna Miller type short 'do that doesn't touch her collar. Guess she forgot to tell me she got hair extensions along the way!

I really shouldn't complain. This one makes up for the really bad covers I had. I do like it. But I'd really like to be a fly on the wall in one of those art department cover meetings someday and see how things are decided.

What is your favorite book cover? It doesn't have to be a romance book.

Hope you're having a good day!