Monday, February 11, 2008

Catching my breath

It's Monday. It's manic. I just stopped at home for a few minutes to let oldest change into her dance clothes. She is on a special troupe that will perform for St. Patrick's Day. Of course that means extra practices.

On Saturday, the headband was a big hit. Lots of comments on it. No one knew I had made it myself. One mom said she wanted me to make one for her daughter when she got her first solo dress.

Mackenna looked gorgeous in the dress. It really sparkles on stage. I almost cried when she had everything on for the first time. Simply beautiful.

I already turned in the Nativity tree skirt panels and didn't take a picture of them. Another mom is sewing them. Luckily I only had to do two of them (eight total). This morning I realized I'd forgotten Joseph's hands. Oops. Took a break from wood burning to finish that up.

I've started work on the frame. Already I've burned two of my fingers. Ouch. They hurt, but I can't let pain deter me. I must get it done. The sooner the better so the kids can paint it.

Okay, that's all the time I have for now. Hope your day is going well and is calmer than mine!