Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Mardi Gras

After all the kids had cleared out of class yesterday, and I was cleaning up, one of the mom's walked in with a large gift bag in her hand. She said it was a Lenten gift from all the moms. I was so surprised and touched!

Inside the bag were wonderful goodies, including books, one called A is for Altar is a something I've been wanting to buy and the other is was Bible Stories for 40 days that will be perfect for our closing circle time at both the Atriums where I teach! There were also Lent countdown calendars for Easter. One with stickers and the other similar to an Advent calendar with little doors. I can't wait to get them up.

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. That means King's Cake today. Yum! I love cake.

The kidlets asked what I was giving up for the forty days starting tomorrow on Ash Wednesday. I haven't decided yet, but need to figure that out today. One said I should give up my computer because that would be a real sacrifice. I told her I couldn't do my job without my computer so that wasn't possible. Her replay, "oh."

I'm hoping the kids give up arguing and fighting with each other. That would be so much better than candy or sweets, don't you think?

What do you think I should give up for the next forty days?

Enjoy Mardi Gras!