Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Not So Good Day...

Ever have one of those days you wish you could have just skipped. My Tuesday was like that. It's after midnight and I still can't sleep. My brain is still spinning. This is a bit of a whiney post so please feel free to come back tomorrow when I'm in a better mood.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that bad a day. No one died, got sick or injured. There was no blood, no natural disaster or no bad weather. All the homework got done and we made it to Irish dance class and back safely.

But it still wasn't a day I hope to repeat anytime soon.

A tough decision I had to make for a group I'm currently in charge of did not go over well with a dear friend of mine. At least she's still my friend. She no longer considers me one of hers.

In the middle of trying to fix that, I received an email from my editor. Our trilogy idea, the one we worked so hard on, was deemed too sexy for the Romance line. Okay, stop laughing. I know my books could never be called too sexy, but that's what she said. We were asked to come up with three new trilogy ideas by Thursday (3 o'clock London time to be exact.)

It wasn't the rejection that bothered me. Rejections are part of a writer's life. If you can't handle them, find a new job. It was more of a oh-no-how-are-we-going-to-do-this-with-the-time-differences-when-I-already-have-too-much-going-on-today. Of course, we managed via email and chat and came up with new ideas that we'll each work on today to send in on Thursday so at least that part of the day wasn't so bad.

But to tip the scales the other direction... I never got a shower. My lunch was a cup of Easy Mac & Cheese. I ate way too many Oreos for dessert. And I got zero pages read on my Rita book.

But today has to be a better day. At least that's what I'm hoping! How was your day yesterday?