Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spelling

funny pictures - Bad spellerz uv teh wurld...
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I can't spell. It's one of those things I struggle with. Unfortunately at least two of the kidlets seem to have inherited this trait from me. The only good thing about that is as I work to help them improve their spelling mine is getting better.

I think moving around so much as a kid didn't help me learn all the rules you're supposed to know. I attended three different elementary schools in three different cities from third grade to sixth. Definitely some gaps there.

At least there's spell-check!

Of course using a computer to correct errors doesn't always work, especially if you used the wrong word but spelled that one correctly. If a word slips by me and even the copyeditor and makes it into the book, readers are sure to let me know. And you can be sure I never misspell or make that same twice!

Are you a natural speller? Or a not-so-natural one like me?

2 comments:

Dru said...

I'm a natural speller, and that because I love learning new words.

Hey, don't you have a new book coming out in February?

SEO Services India said...

Looks like cat also want to establish there career in IT field.. and using laptop is first step towards this...
ha ha ha.. :)