Tuesday, October 23, 2007

An Empty House

I left the house this morning at 6:30 am with Angus in tow. He attended my Crossfit session at Everyday Athlete and was his adorable self. I had to go outside for the running portion of my workout. When I returned he was sitting up and waiting for me to return. He wasn't even alone. Another person, Xi, was working out. And my instructor, Nicole, was there, too. Anyway, Angus' excitement to see me really warmed my heart.

Here's what I did this morning:

Arm circles and leg kicks

Warm up:
Four rounds of Agility Ladder and 8-5 Kettlebell swings (15 lbs)

WOD (3 rounds):
200 m run (I don't run. At least I haven't run since the early 90's so this was interesting.)
8 Shrug drops (8 lb medicine ball)
5 D ball slams (6 lb)

Time: 9 minutes 23 seconds


I was so tired. (Still am tired!) After I loaded Angus into the minivan, I just sat there a few minutes. I had some water, then started driving south toward my old neighborhood, First Addition in Lake Oswego.

I called the Climbing Cutie. The first thing I said to him, "Does it ever get easier?"

As usual, Cutie was supportive and encouraging. Talking took too much energy though so we didn't chat long. I arrived at Angus' house and my wonderful friend, Tiffany, greeted me with fresh baked banana muffins and a glass of ice water. Exactly what I needed.

Tiffany had run a half-marathon in San Francisco so I wanted to hear all about her weekend. We ended up walking her son to school and then talking Angus on a walk through the neighborhood. Yep, more exercise!

I decided to sign up for NaNoWriMo since Tiffany is doing it. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. At this point, and unless inspiration or madness strikes, I will probably just be finishing up my book and revising it for the 50K.

After the walk, I made the what-seemed-like-a-very-long drive home. I walked in the house and it seemed empty. Sure all our stuff was still there, but Angus wasn't. I missed hearing his paws tapping on the hardwood floors. I missed his running into my legs to greet me.

I sure hope Tiffany has another trip planned soon. I want my surrogate dog back!

How is your Tuesday going?