Wednesday, October 03, 2007

UPS Delivery

Yesterday I heard a knock. As I opened the door, I saw the familiar brown truck pulling away from the curb. I hadn't ordered anything and no one's birthday is coming up so I was a little surprised that UPS had delivered something. I looked down and saw two boxes with the Harlequin pattern on them. My December release (available on December 4th) had arrived!

I never saw a copy of the cover until it went up on Amazon so the faces staring up at me weren't a surprise. Still I felt a twinge of disappointment. The cover seems really generic to me and tells nothing about the story or the characters. I'll have to go back and see what I wrote on my AFS form. My only guess is since it's a December release and not a Christmas story (though there is a Santa scene set in Lapland!) they figured something generic was the best approach.

The back cover copy, however, rocks. A big thank you and hug to whoever wrote the teaser. Here's what it says:

This would be the most amazing and romantic race of the lives!

After being dumped so publicly, Millie Kincaid never wanted to see Jace Westfall or be on reality TV ever again. But she finds herself on Cash Around the Globe-with Jace! Although she doesn't trust him, to win they must work as a team.

They race around the world, tested to their limits, and everything is captured on camera-including their stolen kisses! Can they determine what is real and what is just for TV? And, with the finish line in sight, will they win the one thing that money can't buy?


In case you haven't guessed, this is my book that pays homage to my favorite reality television show, The Amazing Race. I was inspired by other reality TV shows, too. The kernel of this idea actually began during one of the seasons of The Bachelor. Thanks to a friend who worked with the roommate of a contestant, I got a peek into what went on behind the scenes, and I knew I wanted to use that in a book someday.

Do you watch any reality television? What are your favorite reality TV shows?