Monday, October 08, 2007

Manic Monday

I'm rushing out the door in about three minutes! I have Pilates and then after lunch the first day of the religious education class I teach in NE Portland. Of course, I have a lot still to do to get ready for that.

The Irish dance feis went great yesterday. My oldest needed to place first in one dance in order to have all her dances at the same level. She worked so hard this week, attending a private lesson, practicing, etc. I'd never seen her so nervous before a dance. And...she did it! She totally nailed the slip jig steps and looked graceful doing it! She screamed when we went to the results room afterwards. I was very proud of her, and I hope she will remember how hard she worked the next time she wants to achieve something, whether in dance or life.

She placed in all her solo dances and won a trophy. A very good feis for her. My son received a first place medal and a trophy! He was happy about his results, too.

As I mentioned in the comment section, I was so busy with the kids I got no writing done. I'm going to have to raise my daily page quota from 5 pages to, gulp, 7. Sleeps overrated, right?

Hope you have a great Monday!