Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cat Toys

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I lost count of the number of stuffed animals I bought that looked like my cats. I guess a part of me felt after we'd had them spayed and neutered that they still needed a baby of some sorts. Nope. They wanted nothing to do with their stuffed toys, but the kidlets have enjoyed them.

But the cats still managed to form special attachments to things, especially Rocket.

Rocket loves rat-rats. These are those little mice you buy in packs of six. We nicknamed them rat-rats. They are fur-covered with little tails. Rocket will play with these things for hours. He'll carry his favorite one in his mouth around the house and sleep with it. In our old house, I would find him sitting in front of the stove. This was my sign to get the fly swatter and dig out the rat-rats that had gotten stuck underneath.

He also has an affinity for things that play music. I was watching QVC when a singing Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer was being sold. The cat sat in front of the TV and watched, captivated. He even went so far as to rub his neck against the screen. I, of course, ordered one for him right away. And yes, he loved it. The kidlets think it's theirs, but even though Rudolph stopped singing a few years ago I still tell them nope, Rudolph belongs to Rocket.

Spirit prefers anything she can chase whether it be a laser pointer, feathers on string, mouse on string, tape measure. Her favorite plaything is me. She will sit on the stairs and meow if I'm away from her for too long. Right now, there's a kidlet-sized bistro chair sitting next to my chair where I write. Spirit sits there so she can be close to me. She's not happy I'm no longer living at my computer!

Smalls likes anything that gives her interaction with us. She lived outside on her own for so long, I don't think she really understands the concept of toys. But she does like to chase things like Spirit.

Three different cats, three different personalities. Just like my kids!

Hope you have a great Tuesday!