Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Wednesday

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Rocket wanted me to post the above LOLcat. He said time was drawing near and you'd understand.

Let's help out blog reader Anne-Catherine, who used to post comments as Rottie_mom. Go to Dori's Backyard and vote for her dog Patachou in the 2009 Smiley Fest. There are four polls and Patachou is in the first one. Thanks!

I finished all the Twilight series books. The last two books did not change my initial opinion at all. As I posted last week about the first two, I do see why they might appeal to readers, and many of my friends love them, but I cannot suspend disbelief to enter the author's world.

You see, when I was 18, the same age as Bella in the last three books, I was stalked. It was a horrible, scary time and some of Edward's behavior is so similar it's frightening. Imagine no matter where you go, day or night, the same person is always there watching you, sometimes close, sometimes far, but always there. You get your mail one day, and there's a letter. He knows way more about you than he should, and you realize even when you can't see him he's with you. He also talks about the future, your future with him. This person wants to be with you, only you, forever.

Though Twilight fans have rolled their eyes or sighed saying I just don't get it or that I'm taking the books way too seriously, I see nothing loving or protecting in Edward's behavior. Their relationship is not romantic, it's abusive. He's a sociapath and even the actor who plays him in the movie says Edward is creepy. Enough said.

It's another crazy, hectic Wednesday. I have a similar schedule to a couple of years ago, and I get tired just looking at the day ahead. I suppose it's better one day is like this, instead of say, five, but I've been dragging a bit this week. Better make sure I get my pages done before I have to head out and not wait until tonight!

Hope you have a great day!