Friday, March 23, 2007

Nine years ago today...

...my oldest was born. I would have been holding her about now trying to figure out this thing called breastfeeding with help from a wonderful, patient nurse. That night, I held Mackenna and watched the Academy Awards. I don't remember much of that telecast except it was the year Titanic swept everything.

We didn't know if she would be a boy or a girl. We had two names picked out Colton for a boy and Mackenna for a girl. I found the name Mackenna in My Lady's Kiss, a historical romance novel written by Linda Needham, a local author. I liked the way it was spelled since McKenna McClone looked strange to me with the double Mc.

Happy Birthday to my darling daughter! She is growing much too fast, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

I also want to wish one of my best friends, Kent, a happy birthday, too! Keep cycling, taking those awesome photos and being the kind of friend who drops everything to help me long distance figure out any technical problem. xoxox

Do you have any special celebrations coming up?