Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Romance is in the air

Yesterday I made plans for our upcoming 12th wedding anniversary in April. Yes, I should have been writing, but this needed to be done. I'd been trying to figure out where to go and finally figured it out after talking with someone familiar with the destination. (Sorry, I can't tell you where, but just in case hubby decided to read the blog I don't want to blow the surprise!) I just needed to make sure hubby could take two days off from work. He can so now we're all set.

We'll be going away (not too far if anyone wants to guess in the comment section) for two nights. My parents are going to stay with the kids. I booked a room (we'll ski for free each day since it's a mid-week getaway! Hubby needs to know about the skiing for packing) and made a reservation for dinner the night of our actual anniversary. I can't wait! I already got his present (which I think he'll love!) so I'm pretty much set so I can concentrate on the book. YAY! All that's missing is the card. But I always wait until the last minute for that.

I'm the planner in the family. I finally learned (the hard way) that I was the one who needed to take care of birthday and anniversary celebrations around here. Even my own which pretty much sucks but what are you going to do? Wait and find out nothing's been planned for a special occasion? Or that the list of ideas you gave them was lost or forgotten about? Been there, done that, never want to repeat that so doing it myself just makes life and marriage much smoother around here.

Do you do your own celebration planning or do you split the duties with a family member or significant other? If your partner is missing that planning gene, has anyone figured out how to help them to do better?

Link for the day: Why LOST sucks! This website totally captures what I've been feeling about the show. And no, I will not be watching tonight. I've missed the last couple of episodes and don't miss it at all!