Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Change of Plans

I had today all figured out. I'd drop the littlest one off at preschool, drive down to our vet in Lake Oswego so she could check over our other two cats, drop off and pickup hand-me-down clothes for my son from a fellow romance writer, then be back in time to pickup once preschool was over.

And then I took my youngest to the doctors yesterday. Anytime she gets a fever she has to be checked to make sure it's not a UTI due to her past health problems so I picked her up from school and drove to NW PDX. She's a pro now at going potty in the cup so once that was over I thought we'd see what things looked like under the microscope and be done. And then the nurse took her temperature. Yep, she had a fever again. We're still waiting on the test results, but the fever meant no school today. She's sitting right next to me painting her toenails. I just did her fingernails.

I figured I would just take her with me to the vets this morning since she no longer had a fever, but then we got a call saying our vet had the flu. Of course this means rescheduling since we have to have the cats checked before our visit with the cat behaviorist. That means I just lost Thursday morning. I'm just hoping our skiing on Friday will still be a go.

What are you're plans for this week?

Time to figure out something for the little one to do so I can get at least a little writing done! At least I'll have nap time!

Link of the day: Using real men not models on romance covers. What do you think about this?