Friday, March 09, 2007

Back into the cave

This weekend I will be heading into the cave and not coming out until I'm forced to. Not only do I have two chapters and a school oral auction catalog to write, the page proofs for Win, Lose or Wed! arrived yesterday. Everything is due within a couple of days of each other, too. Have you ever done this to yourself? What did you do to get it all done?

I started thinking I should have planned better, but when I offered to write the catalog, I thought I'd have the continuity book to write in the first half of 2007, not Win, Lose, or Wed! too. The idea of having to proof a book in March wasn't even on my radar screen. But continuing to whine about it isn't going to help. The only thing left to do is dig in and work my tail off which I started doing yesterday.

Of course, that has its pitfalls. When I get really intense about something I forget about everything else. I woke up at five o'clock this morning realizing I never ate dinner nor took my medicine (you're supposed to take it with food). I was too busy writing and hubby was with the kids at Irish dance. The only reason I managed lunch is that I had to feed Rose, too, and hadn't started writing until I put her down for her nap.

Have a great weekend! I will not be blogging until Monday, but I will pop out of the cave to respond to any comments since I get a little message anytime one of you kind-hearted, much-appreciated people post.

Link of the day: Velvet the dog from the most recent rescue on Mt. Hood has her own website. You can read about the Lucky Labrador beer that's being named after her, see pictures from that fateful trip up Mt. Hood and read her owner's story about what happened up there.