Thursday, March 22, 2007

Poof go the Proofs

The page proofs/galleys are out of here. Not a minute to soon. Tomorrow (really today already) I must get ready for the oldest kid's birthday party. She's turning 9 on Friday. I won't even bore you with all the auction stuff I must do tomorrow, too. It would be to overwhelming. My sense of humor when it comes to the auction disappeared about a month ago which is the reason a person's "joke" today had me upset and on the verge of tears. Not fun.

The only fun thing I did do yesterday was go downtown. I wasn't planning on it, but realized if I didn't go then, I couldn't go until Saturday which is the same day as the auction. (This explains my late bedtime.) I returned a little pink jacket I'd bought (too much money for something I'd only wear a few times), picked up my purchases from the past few weeks and also bought a pair of silver sandals (cheapy ones since how often would I wear silver shoes. Um, twice. Saturday and in Dallas in July.) I also got a pair of earrings. Silver and clear crystals. I think I have a bracelet I can wear. At least I hope so since I didn't buy one.

The other thing I did was talk gear with the guy who's going to teach me to rock climb. Yes, I'm going to attempt to get over my fear of heights and learn to climb. It'll help with my next book, sure, but that's not the reason I'm doing it. Nor is the reason the 28 year old cutie who'll be teaching me. And no, it's not the hottie who helped me with that rock wall scene in Plain Jane's Prince Charming that I blogged about in Fall '05. Sigh... No, I'm learning to climb for me. I just really want to do it. Probably seems weird at my age, a wife and mom, but there it is. And, of course, my wannabe-climbing-again hottie hubby is playing a part, too. He's very happy I'm going to be giving it a go. No, he's not worried I will hurt myself.

I plan to get back to writing today once I finish my To Do List. I left my hero and heroine in a rather precarious, somewhat dangerous situation. Bad Melissa. Must remedy that ASAP. Finishing the first three chapters felt really good, but I still can't forget the book is due June 1. I plan to take it easy (okay, easier) this next week, then get the page tally going again in April with a definite goal each day. After our anniversary trip, of course.

It's late. I'm tired. I'm going to bed. I will get 4-4.5 hours of sleep if I'm lucky. But hey, I got the proofs done. That's all that matters right now.

What's on your agenda today? How many hours did you sleep last night?

And before I forget: Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law PM! Happy Birthday to my son's godfather Alex!