Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Murky Middle

I've hit that wall once again. It's part of my process. It happens every time. No matter how hard I work to get chapters four and five right the first time through, I always get them wrong. I can't think of one book where this hasn't happened so when I try to go to chapter six, I get stuck. Needless to say, the last few days have been painfully slow writing wise. Rewriting and moving passages/scenes and pulling hair. It's still not there so that's what I'll be working on again during nap time today and once the kids are in bed tonight.

So...rather than depress myself even more, I will forgo the tally until I hit chapter 6. Right now the only thing I'm doing is cutting pages. I'm not even eating chocolate. Hmmm, maybe that's the problem!

If you write, is there a part of the book that always gives you trouble?

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of those affected by the Virginia Tech tragedy yesterday.