Monday, April 30, 2007

Monday Musings

The start of a new week. The end of April. Time just seems to be flying away.

The weekend was great with lovely spring weather that has flowers blooming all over.

My son had a fantastic birthday with two days of celebrating: party on Friday and actual birthday on Saturday. He now has more Legos sets than a kid needs. I'm going to put a lot of them up in the closet and dole them out. He loves his skateboard and spent the gorgeous day yesterday learning to ride it. Thank goodness for the pads. That made the process a little easier on me. I still can't believe my beautiful baby boy is seven!

I managed to get a lot of writing time in, too. I revised chapter four for the umpteenth time, but finally felt good enough about it (or maybe just fed up!) to send it off to my critique partner. Chapter five is very close. I wrote a scene that was okay, but the more I did on the other scenes in the chapter, the more I realized it wasn't needed. An entire scene gone! That always hurts, but I think what I have in mind now will work better and be stronger for the continuity. At least that's what I keep telling myself!

Today is my last day to catch up on pages before I start posting my daily count again. For some reason, this upcoming deadline has me totally freaked out. Well, more freaked than normal. But denial will no longer work. I need some accountability and that's the one thing the daily tally gives me.

My Top 5 Moments for the month of April:

1. The look on Hubby's face when I gave him his anniversary present at Timberline Lodge
2. Watching my youngest fall in love with skiing at Mt. Bachelor
3. Learning to rock climb
4. The Titanic Dinner
5. The smile on son's face when he woke up on his birthday.

What are your Top 5 April moments?

Have a wonderful Monday!