Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bye Bye Bend

It's a beautiful blue sky, sunny morning with fresh snowfall up on the mountain. A perfect day for skiing and not one of us wants to leave, but Spirit gets out of the hospital tomorrow so go we must.

We usually stay close to home during Spring Break, but this trip was just what we needed. A big thanks to our friends for allowing us to use their house once again!

My pink snow bunny had another great day skiing. When the snow was falling really hard, they started taking the other kids inside. She was the only one who wanted to stay out. So they handed her over to another instructor who took her on the swing (aka lift) for the first time. She loved it!

The two older kidlets really honed their skiing skills this week. My oldest fell in love with powder and hubby had a hard time keeping her out of the trees. My son continues to love speed, but now turns, too. All three kids had fantastic instructors. Big kudos to the Mt. Bachelor ski school for teaching great skills, but also making it fun!

Another family from our school and church were here. I had fun skiing with them on Tuesday. Hubby pulled the kids from ski school after lunch yesterday and they skied until their legs couldn't take it any more.

I managed to write many pages. I finished the first draft of chapter four and put a good dent into chapter five. With the last chapter and epilogue drafted that gives me a nice chunk to count as done. Draft pages, of course, but my writing always happens during rewrites for me. A blank page is the worst thing for me to have to face. Give me a page with words, even crappy words, I can do something with it!

On the way home, I will be stopping by a climbing store to buy the rest of my gear. Fingers crossed they have everything. If you're curious what's on the list: harness, helmet, chalk bag, daisy chain, locking biner. I'm going by memory, but I do have a list in my purse provided by climbing cutie instructor complete with brands and whatever other info I would have no clue about.

Do you have anything on a shopping list that you need to buy?