Monday, April 02, 2007

View Out Window


This is the view of Mount Hood from our third floor room in Timberline Lodge. These shots were taken yesterday. It's been snowing all day today!

For some reason blogger won't let me upload any of the pics except this one. I will try again tomorrow morning before we hit the slopes. Otherwise I'll wait until we get home.

We're having a wonderful time. This has been the best anniversary ever. The skiing was great. A little more flat than I'm used to, but still fun. The snow was awesome and I really like my new skis, boots and poles which were my anniversary gift that I picked out for myself making it super easy this year on hubby. Special thanks to Michael, my sar expert, for helping me pick this amazing spot for our celebration and enlighten me enough so I could finally let Tom climb Hood, and to John, my climbing cutie instructor, for helping me figure out what else to give him (i.e. the book.) You guys are the greatest. xoxox.

We had dinner at the Cascade Dining Room tonight and it was wonderful. I gave hubby his gift there. It was a hard cover copy of Freedom in the Hills and a two day Mt. Hood Summit program gift certificate for Timberline Mountain Guides. I'm finally going to let him climb Mt. Hood! Hubby absolutely loves his gift! He was in shock and still can't believe it. He actually wants me to go with him, but I said this year was his turn. I'd try next year after I give rock climbing and skydiving a go first!

Our server at dinner gave us a little bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary which was very sweet. And dessert, a caramel chocolate tart was so yummy! After dinner we went up to the bar to have a beer and met two climbers, Nick and Paul from So. Cal, who will be climbing Mt. Hood tonight. It was fun to talk to them and I could tell hubby wished he could /be going up now.

Hope everyone had as great a day was we had!