Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Almost Turkey Day

Tuesday Tally

Pages revised: Chapters 1-5
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: +2
Total page count revised: 127 pages
Total page count to date: 215 pages
Total word count: 42652 words
Days remaining until D-day: 9

Chocolate consumed: Zone Perfect Bar
Junk food consumed: Sweet Potato Fries, Costco Trail mix
Diet: Need to start The Zone, but with a deadline it just doesn't seem doable
Exercise: Crossfit - warmup then 3 rounds of 400 m run with 3 minute rest.  Time: 14:52
Television watched: Michael Flatley Irish dancing on Dancing with the Stars (thanks for the heads up, Dru!)
Tears: none
Link/Clip for the day: The title of this Publishers Weekly article on the romance genre is annoying, but is worth a read.

I went back to the beginning of the manuscript yesterday and made some much needed changes to the backstory.  This took a while, but I think it was worth the time.  Of course that meant I didn't move forward much on the rest of the book.  I'll start on Chapter 7 today once I type in all the changes I made on paper yesterday. I wanted to read them with a fresh eye before putting them into the manuscript.

I've got my Thanksgiving shopping list made.  Now to get out there so I can get home and write some more.  I'm only going to do minimal cleaning.  Well, as little as I can get away with due to the book.

Here's the menu:
Appetizers (being brought by my sister)
Deviled Eggs (being brought by my mom)
Salad
Fruit Salad (being brought by my mom)
Molasses Ginger Glazed Carrots
Green Beans
Macaroni & Cheese (for kids)
Cranberry Sauce
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Turkey (using Martha Stewart's Turkey 101 recipe)
Rolls or bread of some sort (being brought by my sister)
Pies (being brought by my mom)
Cookies (being brought by my mom)

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?