Saturday, November 03, 2007

NaNoWriMo Update

I managed to reach my daily goal of 2000 words yesterday in the National November Writing Month Challenge aka NaNoWriMo. I wrote 2090 words, a combo of rewriting a new ending to chapter four (after a brainstorming phone call with my critique partner), revising the first scene of chapter 5 (since the ending to the last chapter had changed), changes to scene two in Chapter five and a brand new scene in Chapter seven (after a brainstorming phone call with my SAR friend).

I write a lot of dialogue which means tons of white space on the page (rarely do I have the 250 words per page that proper manuscript formatting gives you) so 2090 words comes out to around 10 new pages for me. I'm a very happy writer! Now too keep up that pace for another week or so. I want a complete manuscript! I'd love to be able to send this one in early.

Okay, stop laughing.

It's possible. If the stars align and the sickies stay away and my numbers come up on PowerBall... Okay, it's very unlikely I will turn this manuscript in early, but a girl's gotta have dreams, right?

Hope you have a relaxing Saturday! Unfortunately, ours will be anything but peaceful. On the agenda: mall to buy competition swimsuit, end of year soccer party for son, Irish dance class for daughter, swim meet for two oldest and ski show tonight. Somewhere in there I must find a way to write 2000 more words. I'll be taking my alphie with me everywhere!