Thursday, November 01, 2007

Random Thursday

The title for today's blog could have been one of the following:

1) NaNoWriMo Begins
2) Pics from this week
3) Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Instead, I decided to borrow the Random Thursday title from one of the radio shows I listened to this morning on my way to Crossfit. Today was a skills day. Rather than do a WOD (workout of the day) I worked on my form on a variety of exercises. It was still quite a good workout.

10 reps of each of the following - air squat, ring rows, front squats (7.5 lbs), shoulder press (7.5 lbs)
8 reps of each of the following - OHS (overhead squats), jumping pull ups, thrusters, push press (10 lbs)


I wish my writing was getting a workout today. Even though NaNoWriMo started today, I've yet to write a word. Yikes! Not a good way to start. I guess it can only get better. And I still have tonight. Sleep really is overrated!

Here are a few random pics from this week. This one was taken Sunday night after the kids carved their pumpkins. They decided bigger pumpkins were better than small ones! Each designed their own faces, too, but they needed a little help doing the actual carving.


This is a picture from Tuesday when I celebrated my friend's birthday with her. She's Angus' mommy so a very special person who I love very much, not to mention a climbing partner and nano buddy! We ate lunch at Mother's Bistro in downtown Portland where I took this picture. I also got really good news that day. We are going to get Angus for six days later this month! I'm so excited.

Last night after the All Hallows Eve vigil, the kids went trunk or treating. People decorated the backs of their cars and passed out candy. This car won the prize for best trunk. You can't read the sign in the back, but it says "Garden of Eden." Adam and Eve passed out apple flavored lollipops. Too cute!

I laughed when I saw this "trunk." There was no escaping Christmas yesterday! The back of a pickup truck was decorated with a sleigh. St. Nicholas passed out gold covered chocolate coins. This one probably would have one if not for the adorable Adam and Eve. It was clever!

These are the kidlet's pumpkins last night. It was a fun time. We didn't get many trick or treaters, but we didn't get home from church until 7 pm so maybe that's why. Unfortunately we now have way too much candy in the house.

Tonight, I'm having a couple people over for dinner. On the menu: Salmon, steak, salad, couscous, asparagus, mushrooms, bread and make your own sundaes for dessert. Care to guess who's coming to dinner?

Hope you're having a great day!