Thursday, November 08, 2007

2177 words

Here I am at Clubsport yesterday morning typing away on my Alphasmart. I met my NaNo buddy Tiffany there. We try to be good when we meet to write. Not a lot of chit-chat. It's hard. Really hard. But it's the only way we will get the words written. One exception is when we talk about our books. Impromptu brainstorming or questions are allowed. We learned last year that writing had to be the focus when we got together so we would try to have lunch or do something where we could talk once we'd written. Which leads me to what we did next...

After getting a little writing in, we moved from our comfy chairs and headed to the rock wall for some climbing. Here I am almost at the top of a route. I'm on the right in the dark pants. We climbed four routes then headed to a smaller wall where we practiced climbing using only one hand. It was hard even though the route was easy. We're getting together again on Friday to write and climb. I can't wait.

By eleven o'clock last night, I'd surpassed my goal of 2000 words. Huge sigh of relief. It looks like all my NaNo buddies Tiffany, Amy and Marianne are all on a role, too. Keep up the great work, ladies. The words are really piling up. Now to do it again!

Though I'm not sure how I'll do today since the little one will be with me all day! She's even accompanying me to Crossfit this morning. Should be interesting!

What's going on in your world?