Friday, November 30, 2007

This is how I feel...

Funny Pictures

My writing plan did not work out like I hoped. Chapter 9, the one I spent all day rewriting, doesn't work. I knew something was wrong when I emailed it to my cp yesterday evening and told her something was off, but figured there was an easy fix that I was too tired to see. Nope. I learned just how bad the chapter was when when she emailed me back an hour later and told me to call her even though she lives back east and it was almost 11:30 pm her time. So instead of rewriting Chapter 10 so I could work on Chapter 11 today, I spent the evening trying to figure out how to fix the problems in Chapter 9.

The diagnosis: scene selection-fine, conflict-not even close.
Amount of rewriting needed: pretty much the entire first scene from scratch, parts of scenes 2 and 3.
Time required: Don't even want to think about it.
Amount of sleep I'm going to get over the next three days: Sleep? What's that?

Hope you're having a much more relaxing day then me!