Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Face Behind The Blog Meme

I found a meme on David Airey's blog called The Face Behind the Blog Collection. I don't do many memes, but I'm doing this one. It's from May 2007, but better late than never. I'm also tagging everyone who reads this blog to do it, too.

For me, blogging is about building a community. A community of fellow bloggers, readers, writers and people who might stumble across the blog via a google or blog search. And, as I'm learning with the climbing community I joined last year, it's nice to put a face with a name and make that connection a little more personal.

So...although I post pictures of myself, here are a few more of the face behind Melissa's Diary.

This picture was taken at Smith Rock by one of my closest friends, Tiffany, when we were out climbing with the kids and my hubby. It was so hot, and I was taking a rest. Notice the helmet hair!









Another Smith Rock picture by Tiffany when the two of us went climbing with our guide, Will, on my birthday. We had just hiked around Monkey Face and I was so tired. It was a bunch of switch backs heading up. A few minutes later, Tiffany asked me to stand on a large rock overlooking the canyon, but my fear of heights wouldn't let me get near the edge.


This picture was taken in December when we baked Christmas cookies. The kitchen is not somewhere I usually hang out! I made the apron I'm wearing in a beginner sewing class I took years ago.









If you choose to do this meme, let me know and I'll post a link to your blog post along with others who have done this. If you don't have a blog, but want to share your picture let me know and I'll post it here! Thanks!

Face Behind The Blog photos:

The Climbing Cutie!

I added his link below since he's participating by having his pic on this post. And before any one asks, he did give me permission!






Face Behind the Blog participants:

Melissa McClone - romance writer
David Airey - graphic designer
Climbing Cutie - alpine climber
Brandy - reader and mom extraordinaire
Dru - world traveler, gifted quilter and author's dream reader
Marianne Arkins - talented author and review site goddess

Have a great day!