Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beds

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

This picture describes both my animals and my kidlets. It cracks me up sometimes. We moved from a very small cottage to a house that was much larger. A house where everyone could have their own bedroom. But guess what? The kids all want to sleep in the same room, even if it means cramming in on the floor.

I finally gave up buying cat beds even though there are some really cool ones out there. The kitties are much happier in a box or the laundry basket. Of course, my bed (whether laundry is on it or not) is their preferred space.

The only one who actually uses her bed is Chaos. That's where she gets her treats. And when push comes to shove, and we're not going to bed when she wants, she'll actually lie on it! The kids were amazed by that. Me, too, actually after so many of the other beds around here (human and animal) go empty!

Today is Ash Wednesday so we're off to Mass. It's the first day of forty days of Lent. I'm still trying to decide what else to give up.

Hope you have a nice day!

7 comments:

Virginia said...

Such a cute photo Melissa. Have a great day today!

Rottie_mom said...

Oh yes stuff we get for pets they never use. I had a cool big cat tree that my girls havent used in years so I finally gave it to a friend. Dogs beds get used at my place, I never bothered with cat beds since the cats like to sleep on my bed, the couch or on the biggest dogbed. I have 2 of the big beds that a rottie could comfortably stretch out on. Nanuchy my terror mix of 20 lbs like to sleep on it but wont let Sonja my sheltie sleep with her, the cats are allowed on the other hand lol.

Brandy said...

We buy things for the kitties all the time. But, we only bought one pet bed. *G* It's funny how they'll sleep in it only at night. (It's in our bedroom.) But, Layla prefers to be a bedhog on our bed. *G*
Um, no exercises for me today. (Unless the fever goes away.)

I hope you have a good day! (I have NO idea what to give up for Lent!)

Dru said...

THey feel better with everyone, like one big family. It is so cute though.

limecello said...

Heh - of course - that's how most pets seem to be.

catslady said...

With 6 cats there's always one laying somewhere. I have a collection of beds and pads and boxes. Sometimes they'll pick a spot and use it for the longest times and then they'll pick a different spot. One of the funniest things is one of my cats makes a point in taking over the others spots so he's always moving around lol.

The Gustafson Family said...

Hi Melissa! I just found your blog. It was nice to see you and the family at mass today!

Good luck deciding what to give up for lent. I am logging off facebook....so tough, but it can be such a timesucker!