Friday, February 27, 2009

Plans

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

I've decided to stop using The Plan. I gave Elizabeth Boyle's writing schedule (aka The Plan) a really good go on more than one book, but the same thing happened each time. Life is so crazy around here and unpredictable that I just kept getting more and more freaked out when I'd stare at my plan and see how behind I'd fallen. I'm sure it works great for many writers, just not me.

What I've realized works best to me is a daily page/word count five days a week. If I fall behind, I have two other days to catch up. That's my new plan and I'm hoping it does not go awry with the new book. So far so good though. I finished the synopsis last night!

What's on your agenda this weekend? I'm going to drive into Portland to see my friend Elizabeth mentioned above. She's in town for the Celebrate Romance conference. If you're local, you can see Elizabeth, Jane Porter and lots of other romance writers at a huge booksigning at the Cedar Hills Borders at 6:30 pm on Saturday, February 28th. Me? I'll be at a talent show watching my kids Irish dance!