Friday, February 06, 2009

Spirit

This is Spirit. Hubby took the picture with his Blackberry tonight and emailed it for me. She stands up here and meows when she wants something. If no one comes right away she makes her way down the stairs. The farther she descends, the louder she gets.

She is the queen of the household. The other two allow her to eat first and choose her sleeping position first. It's amazing how that pecking order works and Chaos has bought right into it. He is scared to death of Spirit and continues to give her a wide berth! It just cracks me up how she will go to extraordinary lengths to avoid that cat!

I managed to get all the Valentine's done last night. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to do the craft prototypes so I need to do those today. But the reason I ran out of time is a good one! I finally know what my other Harlequin Romance will be. Okay, I still need editorial approval and won't write the book until summer or fall, but I've been toying with an idea for a month now. Things finally fell into place during my morning shower. I couldn't wait to write it all down and talk to my critique partner, Virginia Kantra about it.

I'm so happy I didn't send my editor my first idea for this book. I think this is so much stronger! And it features a hero who appeared in Rescued by the Magic of Christmas. Fingers crossed my editor likes the idea because I love it! I want to start the book right now I love it so much! But I don't want to jinx it so I'll work on my idea pitch instead and wait to see what my editor says first.

I'm off to Portland this morning, but will be able to stick around home in the early afternoon and do a little crafting! I also finished all my RITA books so can finally input all the scores. That will be a huge check on my To Do list.

Hope you have a great Friday and managed to do all you had planned for Thursday.