Thursday, February 26, 2009

Clipping coupons

I had no idea when we started our Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover just how many resources there were out there to save money. My biggest eye opener was how much money coupons can save you on groceries. People complain that clipping coupons takes too much time. Guess what? You don't even need to clip them. Just put the coupon flyers in a file with the date and let all the coupon experts do the work for you.

What coupon experts?

There are kind, generous people who keep blogs about what's on sale where and which coupons to use when. And the blogs are free! FREE.

A few people told me about the Grocery Game, but that costs money to join (which is not in the budget!) so I started looking around to see if there were free sites that did something similar. I discovered BeCentsAble. Today they have Walmart sales listed. You can check out this list of stores and blogs broken down by region. Local bloggers keep their store's sales updated. Just click and you can see what coupons to pull out and use. I found a couple of NW bloggers and one's Sunday post on Frugal Living NW saved me 75% on my Safeway bill on Tuesday.

Are you a user of coupons? Any good sites you want to share on saving money with food?