Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Retainer woes

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

This was hubby and I last night. We were trying to get our oldest's brand new retainer out of her mouth. She got it and neck gear yesterday. For some reason one side was stuck. All three of us tried to get it out. No problem with the right side, but the left side wouldn't budge. We ended up having to call the orthodontist at home. He offered to meet us at the office, but we gave it another try first. Finally it came off. How many engineering degrees does it take to remove a retainer? Needless to say, it won't be going back in until after we have it checked out. She can still wear her head gear so at least that's something.

If you've been reading the JaNoWriMo blog, you've already heard that our continuity idea got approved. The four authors, in order of appearance, are Myrna Mackenzie, Shirley Jump, Jackie Braun and me! Three of us did the Wedding Planners together and Jackie used to write Silhouette Romances before moving to Harlequin Romance a few years before the two lines merged. We're very excited about the continuity and it's a lot different than the Wedding Planners. I'm writing my synopsis for book 4 right now!

What have you been doing?

8 comments:

Dru said...

Congrats on the continuity series getting approved. I'll have to jump over there to JaNoWriMo and see what it is all about.

Life for me is a bit lazy - I haven't done much of anything lately. Oh wait, I did finish a small quilt and I'm working on another small quilt; trying to get rid of excess fabric and batting.

Have a good Tuesday.

catslady said...

Congratulations on the series!

It's early for me - I had to take one of my cats to the vet for a teeth cleaning - he wasn't a happy camper. I won't be happy until I hear everything went okay - he's 13. Other than that, house work yuk.

Amy said...

Congrats on the continuity approval! And you're pitching clean-up? AWESOME!

As far as the retainer: I remember mine being really tight when I first got it, and it was somewhat uncomfortable to get in and out at first, but I think hers might be a little tighter than strictly necessary. ;)

I'm finally well enough to start leaving the house again. I'm thinking about going to the gym this morning before starting my day.

Rottie_mom said...

Oh congrats on continuation of your series!!! Very cool.

Oh I still have nightmares about stupid retaines that were too tight and it has been 100 yrs since I had braces lol.

Had a 3 day weekend which was nice. Did some shopping (included on amazon wooohoo), accounting for parents, cleaned apt, read quite a bit and watched a marathon of "Dead like me" on Sci-fi. Not a bad weekend lol

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Virginia said...

I am still trying to get the tree limb cleaned up in our yard from the recent ice storm. The back yard still has a lot of water standing so you have to wade in the water to get to the limbs, is a mess.

Cheri2628 said...

The fight with the retainer sounds so funny! Of course, I am sure it wasn't funny to you. Maybe you can write it into one of your books sometime.

Brandy said...

Glad to hear the retainer was finally able to come out!
I'm so glad the continuity series is a deal!
I've been busy today with the MIL, the kids, and the Y. *g*

I hope you have a good evening!

Jane said...

I've been trying to catch up with all of my favorite shows.