Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Circle of Life

Here's the tally for today:

New pages written: 0 (goal: 6.4 pages)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 4
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 107 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 38

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: Handful of Darth mix of M&Ms (dark chocolate Star Wars ones. Yum!)
Junk food consumed:
Exercise: None
Television watched: Weather channel
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: None.

Still not well. Still not writing. Worse, my son is sick. He skipped soccer and napped today, but I was a bad mommy tonight. Gave him children's Advil (we were out of Motrin) and took him to see The Lion King. We've had the tickets for months. We didn't want to miss it so what was I going to do? I knew the kids would love it. They did. Seeing the joy spread over Finn's face was better than the show (which was fantastic!) I had to keep telling him to sit down. He was so excited and never stopped smiling that I knew I'd made the right decision bringing him. By the end, he started fading, but he sat on my lap and hung in there like a real trooper. After the show my hubby carried him all the way to the car. We realized on the way home that Finn probably has an ear infection which means a trip to the doctors in the morning if we can get a Sunday appointment or it's off to urgent care.