Thursday, September 22, 2005

Sick

Here's the tally for today:

New pages written: 1 (goal: 6.4 pages)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 105 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 40

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: 1 oreo
Junk food consumed: 1 pretzel
Exercise: None (skipped irish dance class)
Television watched: Didn't keep track. Weather channel and Disney channel were on at various times today.
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: None. Not even Hayden could make me feel better today.

Yucky day. Woke up feeling bad. Checked email and took a long shower hoping it would help. It didn't. Unfortunately, mommies don't get sick days. I decided to not let feeling icky stop me. Stupid decision. I struggled to write one page when I should have taken a nap with Rose instead. I kept feeling worse. Survived a toddler dance class after lunch, was asked by more than one parent when I picked up the kids if I was okay and then forced myself to stay awake during the kids' piano lessons. At least we got through homework. By late afternoon, I was running on fumes and had the chills. No way did I want to head out again for Irish dance and then stay do my class, too, so I told kids we wouldn’t be going. My daughter took it well. She even offered to watch the kids so I could nap. Too bad she's only seven. I sat comatose while they watched television. My wonderful hubby made it home so he could take daughter to class and the other two kidlets to dinner. That would have given me a huge chunk of writing time. I thought about doing that for about a nanosecond then crawled in bed. That was a little before 5. I woke up when the family got home two and a half hours later. Napping helped, but not enough. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel human again. And I can write.