Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Need to crank it up a notch

Here's the tally for yesterday:

New pages written: 5 (goal: 6.4 pages)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 90 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 43

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: 2 oreos
Junk food consumed: none
Exercise: None
Television watched: Jo Jo's Circus with daughter
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: none

I really wanted to get down to business this week and increase my page count. Didn't happen yesterday. Of course, Monday is the day I'm more bus-driver than anything due to kidlet activities. And I did have dinner with a friend from my old neighborhood. She's also a writer and wants to do a writer's retreat at her house in Bend, Oregon with her writer friends. Now to find a weekend we can all get away! Post D-day, I'm guessing.

I have found a few problems with the proposal either due to research (found something that requires an entire part of a conversation to be rewritten and I really liked how it was:( or just having a clearer mind when I think about the story now. I definitely need more conflict on Chase's part. I have no reason for him not wanting to pursue the relationship early in the story. I think that weakens the romantic conflict, but I now know what to do to increase that push-pull between the characters that ups the tension and emotion. Or at least I think I know. We'll see how it translates to paper if I ever meet my page goal and start typing in revisions. At this rate I won't be sleeping much the month of October. That won't be a pretty sight.

Maybe I just need more chocolate and some Hayden inspiration!