Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A very good day!

Here's the tally for today:

New pages written: 8 (goal: 6.4 pages)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 44
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 98 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 42

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: 4 oreos, bowl of ice cream
Junk food consumed: Does a bottle of beer (Firestation Five Blonde from a local Portland brewery) count?
Exercise: None, but I actually thought about it for once and even picked up my pilates DVD
Television watched: 1 1/2 hours - Big Brother finale (Howie, the Jedi in training should have won. Loved his light sabers.) and Baby Noah video w/Rose (while counting and building/knocking down towers)
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: two plus a couple of videos (just the inspiration I needed to write the first kiss)

I'm psyched. Lots done. Page goal met. 2 chapters worth of revisions typed in. A couple new pics of Hayden to stare at. And I didn't go too extreme in my chocolate consumption. I'm a very happy camper:)

I wrote the first kiss scene! I love first kisses. It's always interesting to see what happens. Will it be hot or sweet? A combo of both? I wasn't planning for it to happen when it did, but I think it works. Some emotion is missing (the h/h reactions need to be put under the microscope as my former critique partner, the immensely talented Monica Pradan used to tell me) but I'm going for quantity not quality right now.

And I have to be honest for all you writer moms out there, I did not accomplish today's page goal on my own. The kids' amazing nanny, who stopped working for us during the summer, is now back one day a week. From 10-4, the only thing I had to do was kiss and hug Rose when needed and pick up the kids from school. No afterschool activities today, either. My hubby also cooked dinner (he usually does unless we're having company or it's a holiday so that's a huge help timewise.) Needless to say Tuesday is my new favorite day of the week. Of course tomorrow I'll be back to the real world writing during naptime and after bedtime and driving the kids all over for their various activities so I expect to see the output drop significantly.

Oh, and if anyone notices any math errors, please let me know. I'm usually pretty tired by the time I type this so my brain isn't functioning on all cylinders.

Don't forget. Tomorrow is the LOST premiere!!!! Tune in to the best show on television. All my pages must be completed prior to 9 pm so I can concentrate fully on my favorite show. Do any of you watch it, too?