Wednesday, September 21, 2005

LOST!

Here's the tally for today:

New pages written: 6 (goal: 6.4 pages)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 104 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 41

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 2 (still working out delivery dates for book 2. I have a deadline for the complete, now we're working on when the proposal will be due. I proposed a day.)

Chocolate consumed: oreos, bowl of ice cream
Junk food consumed: pretzels
Exercise: None
Television watched: A lot. 3+ hours-Safe landing of Jet Blue FLT 292, LOST (WOW! It didn't disappoint. I can't wait for next week.) and Invasion (a new show that premiered after LOST. It's still on so I'm not sure yet if it's something I'll continue to watch)
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: I lost count after 8 (New pics from the Star Wars fashion show and others posted to the yahoo groups list I'm on.)

I was sure today would be a lost writing day, but I surprised myself. Yes, a tad short on the page count, but I managed more than I thought I would thanks to my Alphasmart and-drumroll please-I have passed the halfway point and it's not even October yet! Snatching a minute here and there to write can really make a difference when you add up the pages. And the Alphie allows me to turn off my internal editor and just get the words on the page. I would be lost without it. I write every rough draft using my Alphie. Best purchase this writer ever made.

I received a surprise call this morning from my friend, Monica, who I mentioned in yesterday's post. Synchronicity? When we critiqued together, it was almost as if we shared the same brain sometimes! We spent nearly an hour catching up even though we are both on deadline. Remember the name, Monica Pradhan. When her novel, The Hindi Bindi Club, hits the stands, you'll be hearing a lot about this talented and gifted writer!

And finally we get to what I've been anticipating all summer. The season premiere of LOST. Amazing. My only complaint was I wanted to know what happened to the four on the raft. It looks as if some of those questions will be answered next week. That scene between Walt and Shannon sent a shiver down my spine. Why was Walt wet? Where was his life jacket? So many questions. But that's LOST. Each episode raises more questions than it answers.

Who is Desmond? Any guesses? Usually LOST surprises me, but you could see that one coming. Why else would they have a random stranger play such a big part in the flashback? And that accent was a dead giveaway. Still they managed to reel me in and had me on the edge of my seat once again. Kudos to JJ Abrams and crew.