Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My latest endeavor

No, it's not the trilogy though I'm going to start working on it today. I just can't keep waiting for the revision letter even if it means significant rewrites. I'm starting to feel guilty that I've been putting it off. That means I better get to it.

No, my latest endeavor involves a four-footed creature. Something I've wanted for awhile.

A dog.

Tonight I put in an application to adopt a rescue dog. A Norwegian Elkhound to be exact. I don't know whether we'll be accepted or not, but with hubby being gone so much, I really think it's time.

They are active dogs, but we are an active family. They shed, but so do our cats. They don't have the typical dog smell though. They are loyal and loving, but also protective. Exactly what I want.

I would prefer a dog that was past a year old and potty trained. I'll be honest, I don't think I could handle what Marianne is going through with her new love, Dakota.

I'm supposed to get pictures of the available dogs. Of course, I keep telling myself, our family might not be what the owners are looking for with their dogs. And that it might take some time to find the right one. I was very honest about being active with Irish dance, skiing, traveling and such. I also said we want a dog who can go with us places and be part of the family, not just out in the yard. I'm just going to prayer that whatever is supposed to happen happens and that all of us, cats included, will be happy with how things turn out.

Anything big going on in your corner of the world?